Monday, December 3, 2012

S is for Snow!

It certainly is and boy, did we get a nasty little dump of it on Friday!

Fortunately we're now coasting with our 9 degree temperatures and the white stuff has melted nicely......till next time!

So, there's a fun Online Christmas Crop happening this week on the Forum over at Two Scrapbook Friends, and that's the reason I'm here today.  Each of the DT plus 'the Friends' host a challenge for anyone to join in with, and there are always fabby prizes to be won.

For my challenge, I decided to deliver a sketch to help the creative juices flow.

So here goes, Sketch #11


I hope you can use it or even join in with the crop if you get a chance.

For my page, I may have mentioned previously once or twenty how much I love Authentique papers, and today's offering is no exception.

This one's using their 'Peaceful' collection.


This photograph was from the our weather the previous weekend......our first snowfall of winter 2012.

The page has a fair bit of texture going on with the cheesecloth, my favourite Martha Stewart texture paste and a doily die cut.


The teeny scissors came out again to fussy cut a little birdie from another sheet of PP.  I also couldn't resist some of the Tim Holtz 'film strip' ribbon.......I love this stuff but hate the fact that it's so difficult to get it to stay put.  I think I've tried practically every adhesive out there (including a hot glue gun) none of which are very successful, so this baby's held down with a couple of small star brads.



The trusty Dymo labeller provided strip journalling.....perfect for the colour scheme on here.


In fact this page has quite a few of my favourites on there.........stitching included, to hold back the torn paper edges at the top right there.

That's about it from me, but I'll be back in a couple of days.

I'm intending to participate in the December Daily festivities this year, but as we're on December 3rd already and I haven't made a start, I'm already playing catch up!

My house is a little crazy right now with one sick kiddo, and preparations well under way for the arrival of Nanny and Pappy, flying in for the holidays later today.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Have a great day and I'll see you soon,
Jayne.x.
---------------------------------------------------
Challenges entered:
Artistic Inspirations - #18 Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Winter
Craft Your Passion Challenges - #139 Snow
Crafty Boots Challenges - Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft Challenges - #221 White
Lets Create Anything But A Card - #7
Creatalicious Challenges - #40 Winter
Natalie and Amy's Challenge - Winter
Really Reasonable Ribbons Ramblings - #61 White on White
The Cupboard Trliogy - #6 Frosty Winter 

20 comments:

Tracey

This is such a stunning layout Jayne!! I love it!!

Deanna

Love it Jayne!

Doreen

Beautiful page Jayne,love the layout and fab papers.xxx

Louise (Mamilou)

Beautiful LO Jayne and great sketch. Hope to find the time to play.

Maria Therese

Gorgeous!! Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe's crafts♥

Christa

I love your film strip and your little bird nestled into those flowers. So lovely. It's a great sketch, Thanks for taking that on for our crop.

Donna Ellis

Jayne, this is a GORGEOUS layout! Love the film embellishment, but I am especially partial to your textured background - I've pinned it so I can come back and look at all the details again. It's beautiful!

Zoe

Wow this is really beautiful, thank you for joining us at The cupboard trilogy challenge, good luck Hun Zoe DT xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe

Just perfect, the colours, the layout & the embellishments all just look fantastic!

Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's this month, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Dee's Craft Room

Brrrrr!

I love your page, it is so very pretty. Great embellishments and wonderful use of colour.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Dee

Oh Jayne, as you know, this is my favourite set of papers right now, so I love the combination of green, black and white on your page. Once again, you have delivered a great sketch, one that I hope to follow soon. You are truly awesome!!!

Unknown

WOW- this is just beautiful and the whole concept and theme works so beautifully together.
Really inspires me to go and get to grips with scrapbooking (im not quite there yet)

A gorgeaous entry
Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Claire

Liza

Lovely work and a great LO.

Liza x

Unknown

Your LO is fantastic Jayne, love the colours used & that film strip is an inspiration, it looks fab!
Thank you for joining us over at The Cupboard Trilogy challenges & good luck
Jane xx
[owner/DT]

xxbella71xx

What a great LO. Thanks for joining us with our challenge over at The Cupboard Trilogy Challenge Blog

Stella xx
TCT DT

Delphine

Gorgeous LO! The details are fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Thrifty Finn

S really is for snow. There's already a bunch here too! Thanks for joining Craft Your Passion.

Cheryl Walker

Beautiful layout!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Melanie

Your page is really great!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Winter" challenge & good luck in the draw…
Hope to see you again in our new challenge.

Melanie
(DT Creatalicious Challenges)

Lesley

Beautiful LO! Thanks for taking part in The Cupboard Trilogy 'Frosty Winter' challenge xx

Lesley (DT)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...