Thursday, June 20, 2013

Bee You...........and a Sketch!

Good morning, here I am all bright and early for a change.  I might go as far as to say 'perky', but no........I'm never 'perky'!

I do however have another creation to post today, a layout no less, and as I'm killing two birds with one stone, I have a sketch for you too.

Yesterday over on the Two Scrapbook Friends Forum, it was my turn to host this weeks Sketchy Challenge.  I decided to use a recent layout as inspiration for the sketch, which leads me nicely into starting the reveal for my latest DT kit from Two Scrapbook Friends.

I was given the opportunity to use the 'Bumble' collection from Adorn It.......a company I've never used before, but which you can of course find over at the Two Scrapbook Friend store.

So let's start with the sketch shall we.........a nice simple one with plenty of scope to choose your own shapes/embellies.


Next comes a layout, and you might guess that with a collection named 'Bumble' there may be a few 'bees' involved!  Throw in a few hexagons to replace the circles on my sketch and you have yourself a very nice 'bee' themed layout that has..........well absolutely nothing to do with bees really!

That suits me just fine as I'm not exactly a fan of the real life buzzing variety anyhow.

Here goes........'Bee You'.


This collection from Adorn It really does have everything you need to complete a page, including these awesome wooden veneer embellishments, which again you can find over at the Two Scrapbook Friends store. We all know how much I like a little wood!


The subtitle 'Sweet as Honey' is from a sheet of die cuts also available in this collection.

The hexagon shapes are either cut from various sheets of the patterned paper, stitched, or even a few more of the wooden veneers.


In case you're interested, I created the photostrip using my 'Pocketbooth' APP, available for both iPhone and Android......check it out, it's loads of fun.

Finally on this page, I highlighted the last photograph with a little twine just for effect.


That's it for my first layout from this collection, but I'll be back soon to showcase more 'Bumble' goodies.

In the mean time, feel free to get creating with this weeks sketch.

Have fun and I'll see you soon,
Jayne.x.

5 comments:

Dee

Oh my gosh, Jayne, this is gorgeous! I love every different technique you have used and they go so well together. The variety of hexagons is unique and you know how much I love your stitching!!! And it goes without saying that your little gal IS as sweet as honey!

Tracey

Loving your hexagons!! THis is just fabulous Jayne!!

Welcome!

This is BEE-OOOTIFUL!!! (sorry couldnt resist). I absolutely love how this turned out!!! Stunning and your little honey is adorable!

Sharon

I just love how you tied everything together with your theme Jayne! Fab!

Joanne

I totally love this layout! You have done an awesome job with this line - you are such an inspiration!
Joanne xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...