Thursday, August 7, 2014

So Happy

I'm trying to catch up on blogging a few layouts I've created over the last few weeks, all of them from DT Kits for Two Scrapbook Friends.

I'm starting today with my first layout using the 'Family Patchwork' collection from Adorn It.

Some of the patterns in this line are a little more 'themed' than I would normally choose to create with, but it does have an awesome colour scheme running throughout which I love.......grey, pale blue, yellow and snippets of chalkboard here and there.

So Happy.



As you can see, most of the background work is done for you with this particular piece of patterned paper.

I layered a mixture of paper strips and stickers to the center group, then added another banner for the title using some more of the co-ordinating stickers.


I dug out my white opaque pen.......one of my all time 'go to' favourite tools and added a little faux stitched border to the photographs.  A Maya Road paper clip fits in nicely too.


White pen to the rescue again to create some random background circles.......the odd dew drop is dotted here and there also.


It's funny that compared with the bounty of elaborate embellies on the market, the simplest things (a pen!) can make me happy!

That's all for today's page but I'll be posting the second layout some time next week.

In the mean time, I'll see you tomorrow for a new Sketch-y Friday Challenge over at Scrapmuch?.

Till then,
Jayne.x.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...